SEATTLE - The No. 38 Boise State men's tennis team fell 5-2 against No. 23 Washington, Sunday.
The Broncos earned one doubles win on court two from Patton/Sears which defeated Barnhart/Manthou 8-6 in the tiebreaker, but it wasn't enough to secure the doubles point. Washington picked up a win on court one by a break and on court three by a score of 8-5.
In singles Boise State earned points in two long and grueling matches at the No.1 and No. 4 spots.
Junior Andy Bettles won his second-straight match at the top spot for the Broncos. The Somerset, England native defeated Kyle McMorrow 6-2, 7-6, 6-3 to even his spring record at 3-3.
Filipp Pogostkin also picked up his second win of the weekend by defeating Max Manthou, 7-6, 6-0, 10-6. The senior from Bellevue is 3-2 this spring.
Washington won each of the of the remaining matches to finish with a 5-2 edge.
Boise State will be back in action Saturday when it travels to Minneapolis to face Minnesota.
No. 23 Washington 5, No. 38 Boise State 2
1. Bots/McMorrow (UW) def. Bettles/McMorrow, 8-6
2. Patton/Sears (BSU) def. Barnhart/Manthou, 8-7
3. Hawke/Farkas (UW) def. Mitchell/Pogostkin, 8-5
1. Andy Bettles (BSU) def. Kyle McMorrow, 6-2, 6-7, 6-3
2. Marton Bots (UW) def. Nathan Sereke, 6-4, 6-2
3. Emmit Egger (UW) def. Scott Sears, 7-5, 7-6
4. Filipp Pogostkin (BSU) def. Max Manthou, 7-6, 0-6, 10-6
5. Viktor Farkas (UW) def. Garrett Patton, 6-1, 6-3
6. Nick Kamisar (UW) def. Thomas Tenreiro, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2