Univ. of Texas at Austin Team Page
MALIBU, Calif. - No. 17 Texas men's tennis lost to No. 7 Pepperdine at Ralphs-Straus Tennis Center on Sunday. Texas falls to 4-3 on the season after facing its third consecutive top-10 opponent.
Freshman Nick Naumann improved to 4-1 in dual match singles competition this season with a straight-set win over Mousheg Hovhannisyan (6-4, 6-3).
Lloyd Glasspool and Andrew Korinek played doubles together for the first time this season. The pair finished first in doubles, falling to Mousheg Hovhannisyan and David Sofaer, 8-5. David Holiner and Daniel Whitehead evened the doubles point with an 8-4 win over Sebastian Fanselow and Alex Sarkissian. Pepperdine clinched the doubles point with an 8-6 decision against Chris Camillone and Nick Naumann.
The Waves (5-0) would win the first three singles matches to reach four points and clinch the dual before playing out the remaining matches, including Naumann's straight-set victory.
Texas opens the home schedule with a doubleheader against UT Arlington and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at Penick-Allison Tennis Center.
#7 Pepperdine 6, #17 Texas 1
Malibu, Calif. | Ralphs-Straus Tennis Center
1. #6 Sebastian Fanselow (PEP) def. Sudanwa Sitaram (UT) 6-2, 6-3
2. Alex Sarkissian (PEP) def. #31 Soren Hess-Olesen (UT) 6-2, 6-2
3. Finn Tearney (PEP) def. #43 Daniel Whitehead (UT) 6-1, 6-2
4. Francis Alcantara (PEP) def. Lloyd Glasspool (UT) 7-6 (7-2), 6-4
5. #98 Nick Naumann (UT) def. Mousheg Hovhannisyan (PEP) 6-4, 6-3
6. David Sofaer (PEP) def. David Holiner (UT) 6-0, 6-1
Order of finish: 2,1,6,5,3,4
1. Finn Tearney / Francis Alcantara (PEP) def. Chris Camillone / Nick Naumann (UT) 8-6
2. David Holiner / Daniel Whitehead (UT) def. Sebastian Fanselow / Alex Sarkissian (PEP) 8-4
3. Mousheg Hovhannisyan / David Sofaer (PEP) def. Lloyd Glasspool / Andrew Korinek (UT) 8-5
Order of finish: 3, 2, 1
Texas 4-3; National ranking #17
Pepperdine 5-0; National ranking #7
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (2,1,6,5,3,4)