Texas Tech University Team Page
HOUSTON, Texas - No. 21 Texas Tech picked up the doubles point and then earned three quick singles points en route to its fifth victory of the season as it defeated Tulane, 4-1, on Saturday in a neutral site match at the Jack Hess Tennis Center on the campus of Rice University.
Texas Tech's No. 1 double tandem of Samantha Adams and Kenna Kilgo toppled Tulane's Jenny Hois and Emma Levy, 8-5, before the No. 58 duo of Rashmi Teltumbde and Nikki Sanders dropped Klara Vyskocilova and Hila Elster, 8-5 to win the point.
Tulane evened the team score as No. 88 Vyskocilova won in straight sets over No. 80 Adams, 6-3, 6-1, at No. 1 singles.
But the strength of the Lady Raiders over the past two years came through in the cluth, as Texas Tech pulled out wins at No. 4 and No. 5. Texas Tech is 10-1 at those two positions this season. Elizabeth Ullathorne bested Caroline Magnusson, 6-1, 6-1, while Tech's Sanders then rolled past Elster, 6-1, 6-2.
Tech's other win came as Kilgo improved to 10-4 on the season with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Levy at No. 2.
The Lady Raiders face host Rice on Sunday at 10 a.m. against No. 32 Rice. The Lady Raiders will look to equal their 6-1 start from a year ago.
#21 Texas Tech 4, #57 Tulane 1
Houston, Texas (Jake Hess Tennis Center)
1. #88 Klara Vyskocilova (TULANE) def. #80 Samantha Adams (TT) 6-3, 6-1
2. Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. Emma Levy (TULANE) 6-3, 6-2
3. Sandra Dynka (TT) vs. Jenny Hois (TULANE) unfinished
4. Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) def. Caroline Magnusson (TULANE) 6-1, 6-1
5. Nikki Sanders (TT) def. Hila Elster (TULANE) 6-1, 6-2
6. Caroline Starck (TT) vs. Jacqui Katz (TULANE) unfinished
1. Samantha Adams / Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. Jenny Hois/Emma Levy (TULANE) 8-5
2. #58 Rashmi Teltumbde / Nikki Sanders (TT) def. Klara Vyskocilova/Hila Elster (TULANE) 8-5
3. Caroline Starck / Elizabeth Ullathorne (TT) vs. Caroline Magnusson/Caroline Thornton (TULANE) unfinished
Tulane 3-4; National ranking #57
Texas Tech 5-1; National ranking #21
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (4,1,5,2)