University of Washington Team Page
SEATTLE -- No. 19 Washington picked up its ninth win of the season, knocking off UNLV 6-1 at the Nordstrom Tennis Center. The Dawgs won the doubles point and then cruised to five singles victories to improve to 10-4.
Playing without Marton Bots, Hudson Barnhart subbed in at No. 2 doubles, helping Max Manthou defeat Johannes Markel and Tamas Batyi of UNLV. Their 8-4 win clichéd the doubles point for the Dawgs. Just before, Viktor Farkas and Jeff Hawke won at No. 3, defeating the UNLV squad, 8-2.
In singles, Emmett Egger fell at No.3 and UNLV tied the score at 1-1. However, the Dawgs would not lose another match, cruising to another victory.
Farkas finished off Charlie Alvarado, 6-1, 6-3 to make the score 2-1. Jeff Hawke also earned an easy straight-set win, beating Bernard Schoeman, 6-1, 6-4.
The clincher came from McMorrow at No. 1 as he held on for a 7-6 first set win, before closing out Ace Matias in the second, 6-2.
Adding to the Husky point total were Manthou and Nicholas Kamisar. Manthou debuted at No. 2 with a 6-0, 5-7, 6-1 victory, while Kamisar stepped in at No. 6 and also won in three sets.
The Dawgs will now head out on the road for the first time in a month in a half. The Dawgs travel to Minneapolis to face Drake and Minnesota. Washington will face Drake on March 2 at noon, followed by the Golden Gophers on March 3 at 10 a.m.
Washington Men's Tennis
February 24, 2013 - Seattle, Wash.
Nordstrom Tennis Center
Washington 6, UNLV 1
1. Egger/McMorrow led Schoeman/Matias, 7-4 (unfinished).
2. Barnhart/Manthou def. Markel/Batyi, 8-4.
3. Farkas/Hawke def. Alvarado/Sublette, 8-2.
Order of Finish: 3,2
1. Kyle McMorrow def. Ace Matias, 7-6, 6-2.
2. Max Manthou def. Tamas Batyi, 6-0, 5-7, 6-1.
3. Gilad Berman def. Emmett Egger, 6-0, 6-3.
4. Viktor Farkas def. Charlie Alvarado, 6-1, 6-3.
5. Jeff Hawke def. Bernard Schoeman, 6-1, 6-4.
6. Nicholas Kamisar def. Johannes Markel, 7-6, 2-6, 10-7.
Order of Finish: 3,4,5,1,2,6.