Univ. of Oklahoma Team Page
NORMAN, Okla. -- The No. 6 University of Oklahoma men's tennis team defeated No. 41 Louisville, 6-1, Friday, March 8, in Louisville, Ky.
"We played well against a very tough Louisville team," OU head coach John Roddick said. "Our doubles was really good tonight, and we fought hard in singles and pulled out some tough matches. I was very proud of the effort tonight."
In the last match of their one month road stretch, the Sooners (10-3) started quickly in doubles against the Cardinals (9-8) and did not slow down in singles.
OU swept doubles, beginning with the No. 1 duo of Costin Paval and Dane Webb defeating Albert Wagner and Austin Siegel 8-1. The Sooners clinched the first team point with a win on court three, and concluded with a win on court two.
In singles, Guillermo Alcorta stretched OU's lead, defeating Wagner 6-3, 6-0 on court two.
After one more Sooner win and a Louisville win, Peerakit Siributwong clinched the match for the OU, beating Luis Elizondo 6-2, 1-6, 6-2.
Leonard Stakhovsky capped the match for the Sooners, topping Alex Gornet 7-6, 3-6, 10-7.
The Sooners return home to face the No. 26 Florida State Seminoles Tuesday, March 12, at 5:30 p.m.
Follow @OU_Tennis on Twitter and like Oklahoma Men's Tennis on Facebook for more information about the men's tennis program.
Oklahoma 6, Louisville 1
1. No. 52 Paval/Webb (OU) def. Siegel/Wagner (LOU), 8-1
2. No. 42 Alcorta/Alvarez Llamas (OU) def. Damrongsri/Stiefelmeyer (LOU), 8-6
3. Formentera/Siributwong(OU) def. Gornet/Lippens(LOU), 8-3
Order of finish: 1, 3, 2
1. No. 101 Seb Stiefelmeyer (LOU) def. No. 39 Costin Paval (OU), 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
2. No. 61 Guillermo Alcorta (OU) def. Albert Wagner (LOU), 6-3, 6-0
3. Dane Webb (OU) def. Michael Lippens (LOU), 6-2, 6-3
4. Axel Alvarez Llamas (OU) def. Chris Simich (LOU), 6-2, 4-6, 6-2
5. Leonard Stakhovsky (OU) def. Alex Gornet (LOU), 7-6, 3-6, 10-7
6. Peerakit Siributwong (OU) def. Luis Elizondo (LOU), 6-2, 1-6, 6-2