Wake Forest earned its two points at the bottom of the singles lineup.
Wake Forest University Team Page
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - No. 22 Wake Forest picked up two points at the bottom of the lineup, but No. 5 Oklahoma swept doubles and captured the top four singles matches to defeat the Demon Deacons 5-2 on Friday evening at the Indoor Tennis Center.
Adam Lee and Sam Bloom posted singles victories for the Deacons (9-3), winning at the No. 5 and No. 6 singles positions, respectively.
Lee cruised through the first set against Oklahoma's Leonard Stakhovsky and survived a battle in the second to notch a 6-2, 7-5 victory, pushing his singles winning streak to seven matches. The junior leads the team with a 10-1 dual match singles record, with his only loss this spring coming in a 10-point tiebreak played in lieu of a third set.
After relinquishing a lead to drop the first set, Bloom rallied back to take the second against Oklahoma's Nick Papac and went on to win the deciding 10-point tiebreak, posting a 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (8) victory.
Fielding a doubles lineup that featured two ranked teams, the Sooners swept the doubles point to take a 1-0 lead. Oklahoma then earned a quick win at No. 2 singles before getting almost simultaneous wins at No. 4 and No. 1 to clinch the match. 37th-ranked Amogh Prabhakar played No. 1 singles for the Demon Deacons for the first time in his career.
Wake Forest will return to action on Sunday when they host William & Mary and Longwood in a doubleheader. The Demon Deacons will take on the Tribe at 11 a.m. and the Lancers at 6 p.m. Both matches will be played at the Indoor Tennis Center.
#5 Oklahoma 5, #22 Wake Forest 2
1. #39 Costin Paval (OU) def. #37 Amogh Prabhakar (WF) 6-3, 6-4
2. #61 Guillermo Alcorta (OU) def. #123 David Hopkins (WF) 6-1, 6-2
3. Dane Webb (OU) def. Danny Kreyman (WF) 1-6, 6-3, 6-3
4. Axel Alvarez Llamas (OU) def. Jon Ho (WF) 6-2, 6-3
5. Adam Lee (WF) def. Leonard Stakhovsky (OU) 6-2, 7-5
6. Sam Bloom (WF) def. Nick Papac (OU) 4-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-8)
1. #52 Costin Paval/Dane Webb (OU) def. #55 David Hopkins/Amogh Prabhakar (WF) 8-5
2. #42 Guillermo Alcorta/Axel Alvarez Lllamas (OU) def. Danny Kreyman/Adam Lee (WF) 8-4
3. Lawrence Formentera/Peerakit Siributwong (OU) def. Jon Ho/Sam Bloom (WF) 8-4
Oklahoma 9-2; National ranking #5
Wake Forest 9-3; National ranking #22
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3*,1); Singles (2,5,4,1*,6,3)