Longhorns win sixth consecutive over the Cowboys, improve to 1-1 in Big 12 ...
Univ. of Texas at Austin Team Page
STILLWATER, Okla. - No. 16 Texas men's tennis swept Oklahoma State on Sunday at DeBois Tennis Complex.
The Longhorns improve to 13-6 and 1-1 in Big 12 play after earning its third 7-0 sweep in four matches. Texas leads the all-time series with OSU, 22-3, and has won six consecutive matches over the Cowboys dating back to the 2008 season.
"We played a pretty complete match today," head coach Michael Center said. "We switched up our doubles lineup and I thought we really played well in No. 1 and No. 2 singles to quickly get three points on the board. Overall it was a good effort for the guys."
After splitting the first two doubles matches, Texas clinched the doubles point with an 8-5 win from Chris Camillone and Sudanwa Sitaram over OSU's Chris Haworth and Brady Bohrnstedt. It was the first doubles match that Camillone and Sitaram teamed up in this season.
Ben Chen and Daniel Whitehead improved to 8-3 in dual match doubles play, including a 4-0 mark at the No. 1 position, with a win over OSU's 70th-ranked Richard Del Nunzio and Denys Pume in No. 1 doubles.
The Longhorns went on to win all six singles matches, including four in straight sets. UT notched first-set victories in five of the six matches to set the tone for the clean sweep.
No. 58 Søren Hess-Olesen and Lloyd Glasspool quickly got off the court in No. 1 and No. 2 singles, respectively. Hess-Olesen defeated Rifat Biktyakov 6-1, 6-0 in the No. 1 position and Glasspool defeated Chis Haworth 6-2, 6-1 in the No. 2 position.
David Holiner clinched the team win with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over Trevor Horstmann in No. 6 singles.
Texas continues its five-match Big 12 schedule at TCU next Saturday in Fort Worth, Texas.
No. 16 Texas 7, Oklahoma State 0
Sunday, April 7, 2013
Stillwater, Okla. - DeBois Tennis Complex
1. Ben Chen / Daniel Whitehead (UT) def. #70 Richard Del Nunzio/Denys Pume (OSU) - 8-3
2. Sudanwa Sitaram / Chris Camillone (UT) def. Chris Haworth/Brady Bohrnstedt (OSU) - 8-5
3. Rifat Biktyakov/Oleksiy Arovin (OSU) def. Nick Naumann / Lloyd Glasspool (UT) - 8-5
Order of finish: 3, 1, *2
1. #58 Søren Hess-Olesen (UT) def. Rifat Biktyakov (OSU) - 6-1, 6-0
2. Lloyd Glasspool (UT) def. Chris Haworth (OSU) - 6-2, 6-1
3. #85 Daniel Whitehead (UT) def. Denys Pume (OSU) - 5-7, 6-3, 1-0(5)
4. #108 Sudanwa Sitaram (UT) def. Richard Del Nunzio (OSU) - 6-4, 4-6, 1-0(7)
5. Nick Naumann (UT) def. Brady Bohrnstedt (OSU) - 6-4, 6-3
6. David Holiner (UT) def. Trevor Horstmann (OSU) - 6-3, 6-4
Order of finish: 2, 1, *6, 5, 4, 3