Featuring 15 schools and over 90 athletes.
Boise State University Team Page
THIS WEEK IN MEN'S TENNIS
Dar Walters Fall Classic
- Location: Boise, Idaho
- Host: Boise State University
- Primary Facility: Appleton Tennis Center (Boise State)
- Secondary Facilities: Boas Indoor Tennis Center (Boise State) and Julia Davis Park
- Dates: Oct. 7-9, 2016
- Admission: FREE
Boise State University is hosting its annual fall tournament the Dar Walters Fall Classic this weekend, Friday through Sunday (Oct. 7-9). The tournament will feature over 90 student-athletes representing 15 colleges and universities from throughout the region. This is an officially sanctioned tournament by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA).
This is the fourth year for the Dar Walters Fall Classic hosted by Boise State University, this competition was formerly known as the Boise State Fall Classic prior to 2013.
This year’s edition will be held primarily at the Appleton Tennis Center on the Boise State campus, but some matches will be held at two secondary sites as well, the Boas Indoor Tennis Center (Boise State) at 1507 S. Oakland Avenue and at Julia Davis Park across the river from campus.
This is a busy weekend at Boise State so parking instructions are as follows for the Dar Walters Tennis Classic
- Free parking will be available in the Albertsons Stadium west parking lot between Taco Bell Arena and the stadium. You will need to use the kiosks located throughout the parking lot. Fans will need to enter their parking spot number into the kiosks and then select the men’s tennis option.
- For those arriving early before 9:30 a.m. you will need to park in the Lincoln Garage. After 9:30 a.m. the Albertsons Stadium west parking lot between Taco Bell Arena and the stadium will open following the conclusion of the Boise State Triathlon. You will need to use the kiosks in both locations, enter parking spot number and select the men’s tennis option.
- Prior to 1:30 p.m. the Albertsons Stadium west parking lot between Taco Bell Arena and the stadium will be open. After 1:30 p.m. the stadium lot will close for the Maroon 5 concert at Taco Bell Arena that night. You do not need to move your cars if already in the stadium lot, anyone arriving after 1:30 p.m. will be asked to park in the Lincoln Garage. (Fans will need to use the kiosk in both Lincoln & West Stadium lots)
REPRESENTING BOISE STATE
Boise State’s roster is relatively young this year with no seniors, two juniors, five sophomores and three freshmen. This week Boise State will be represented by four members of the team led by Kyle Butters, the 2016 Mountain West Freshman of the Year and ITA Mountain Region Rookie of the Year.
- Kyle Butters: This will be Butters second tournament of the fall after going 2-2 in singles at the Battle in the Bay at San Francisco, Calif., Sept. 23-25 ... the sophomore has a career singles record of 27-12.
- Danny Moyer: The junior from Kalamazoo, Mich., will be competing in his first tournament of the fall season at the Dar Walters Fall Classic. Moyer is 9-10 all-time in singles matches for Boise State.
- Greg Wischer: The Dar Walters Fall Classic will be the first competition of the fall for the sophomore from Grand Forks, N.N. Wischer has an overall record of 2-1 for his career as a Bronco.
- Ryland McDermott: The true freshman from Las Vegas, Nev., will be competing in his first collegiate tournament this weekend.
- Butters/McDermott: One of the two doubles teams for Boise State this weekend will be sophomore Kyle Butters and freshman Ryland McDermott. This will be the first time that they have competed together on the court.
- Moyer/Wischer: Danny Moyer and Greg Wischer will be the second doubles team for the Broncos at the Dar Walters Fall Classic. This is the first competition of the fall for this tandem that went 2-1 in duals last spring.
2015 DAR WALTERS FALL CLASSIC CHAMPIONS
- Singles: Last year’s singles champion was Boise State’s Thomas Tenreiro who defeated Utah State’s Jaime Barajas in three sets 6-7(5), 6-3, 6-2.
- Doubles: The 2015 champion doubles team was Boise State’s tandem of Tenreiro and Abe Hewko who downed Air Force’s duo of Lucas Fumagalli and Max Olson 6-3.
- Singles Competition: There will be two flights of singles
- Doubles Competition: There will be one flight for doubles
- Air Force, Boise State, Brigham Young, Idaho, Idaho State, Lewis-Clark State, Montana, Montana State, Nevada, Portland State, Southern Utah, Utah, Utah State, Weber State and Whitman.
- Big Sky: Idaho, Idaho State, Montana, Montana State, Portland State, Southern Utah and Weber State
- Mountain West: Air Force, Boise State, Nevada, Utah State
- Pacific-12: Utah
- West Coast: Brigham Young
- Frontier (NAIA): Lewis-Clark State
- Northwest Conference (NCAA III): Whitman