Stanford, Calif. - Saturday's men's tennis match between fourth-ranked UCLA and No. 49 Stanford in the Bay Area was suspended due to rain with the score tied at 1-1. The two teams will attempt to resume the match on Sunday at Noon.
Stanford won the doubles point on Saturday, however UCLA bounced right back in singles play when junior Clay Thompson dispatched of Daniel Ho, 6-1, 6-1 at court No. 5.
Sunday's forecast also calls for rain.
The match marked the debut of tennis on the Pac-12 Networks. Sunday's action will not be televised.
UCLA is looking for a weekend sweep after beating No. 15 Cal, 5-2 on Friday in Berkeley, Calif.
#49 Stanford 1, #4 UCLA 1
Mar 30, 2013 at Stanford, CA (Taube Family Tennis Stadium)
1. Denis Lin/Morrissey (STAN) def. Giron/Novikov (UCLA) 8-4
2. Romanowicz/Stineman (STAN) vs. Puget/Sell (UCLA) 2-5, unfinished
3. Ball/Ho (STAN) def. Alex Brigham/Thompson (UCLA) 8-5
Stanford Wins Doubles Point
1. John Morrissey (STAN) vs. Marcos Giron (UCLA) 6-3, 1-2, unfinished
2. Nolan Paige (STAN) vs. Dennis Novikov (UCLA) 4-6, 4-5, unfinished
3. Maciek Romanowicz (STAN) vs. Adrien Puget (UCLA) 2-6, 2-3, unfinished
4. Robert Stineman (STAN) vs. Dennis Mkrtchian (UCLA) 6-1, 2-6, 1-1, unfinished
5. Clay Thompson (UCLA) def. Daniel Ho (STAN) 6-1, 6-1
6. Trey Strobel (STAN) vs. Karue Sell (UCLA) 6-3, 3-6, 2-1, unfinished
UCLA 15-1; 1-0 Pac-12; National ranking #4
Stanford 7-6; 0-1 Pac-12; National ranking #49
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (5)