Sooners Finish Day Two at ITA Central Region Championships
NORMAN, Okla. -- The University of Oklahoma competed four doubles tandems and nine singles players in the second day of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Central Region Championships in Minneapolis, Minn., Friday, Oct. 19.
The day began with doubles play. All four Sooner duos survived the first two rounds of the main draw and advanced to the Round of 16 on Saturday, Oct. 20. The All-American team of Costin Paval and Dane Webb topped Saint Louis's Drew Feder and Joe Flanagan, 8-1.
Six of nine OU players advanced to the second round of singles play Saturday. Costin Paval beat UMKC's Tomas Patino, 6-0, 6-0. Lawrence Formentera defeated Nebraska's Sebastian Florczyk, 3-6, 6-4, 6-0. Peerakit Siributwong topped Oklahoma State's Chris Haworth, 6-4, 6-2. Axel Alvarez Llamas beat Arkansas's Manfred Jeske, 6-4, 6-2. Dane Webb topped Nebraska's Eric Sock, 6-2, 6-4. Guillermo Alcorta defeated Nebraska's Marc Herrmann, 6-4, 6-2.
Tournament action continues tomorrow, beginning with Costin Paval facing Drake's Jean Erasmus at 9 a.m.
Follow @OU_Tennis on Twitter and like "Oklahoma Men's Tennis" on Facebook for more information on the OU men's tennis program.
Round of 64
1. Lawrence Formentera/John Harrison Warden (OU) def. Gary Dias/Nicolas Vincent (Southern Illinois-Edwardsville), 8-3.
2. Peerakit Siributwong/Leonard Stakhovsky (OU) def. Ben Lott/Alen Salibasic (Drake), 8-6.
Round of 32
1. Costin Paval/Dane Webb (OU) def. Drew Feder/Joe Flanagan (Saint Louis), 8-1.
2. Lawrence Formentera/John Harrison Warden (OU) def. Ryan Drake/Grant Tesmer (Drake), 8,1.
3. Peerakit Siributwong/Leonard Stakhovsky (OU) def. Garrett Dunn/Swank Michael (Iowa), 8-2.
4. Guillermo Alcorta/Axel Alvarez Llamas (OU) def. Jean Erasmus/Robin Goodman (Drake), 8-6.
Round of 64
1. Costin Paval (OU) def. Tomas Patino (UMKC), 6-0, 6-0.
2. Lawrence Formentera (OU) def. Sebastian Florczyk (Nebraska), 3-6, 6-4, 6-0.
3. Peerakit Siributwong (OU) def. Chris Haworth (Oklahoma State), 6-4, 6-2.
4. Leandro Toledo (Minnesota) def. John Harrison Warden (OU), 6-1, 6-0.
5. Axel Alvarez Llamas (OU) def. Manfred Jeske (Arkansas), 6-4, 6-2.
6. Dane Webb (OU) def. Eric Sock (Nebraska), 6-2, 6-4.
7. Dusty Boyer (Nebraska) def. Leonard Stakhovsky (OU), 6-1, 4-6, 6-1.
8. Rok Bonin (Minnesota) def. Nick Papac (OU), 6-3, 6-2.
9. Guillermo Alcorta (OU) def. Marc Herrmann (Nebraska), 6-4, 6-2.