SEATTLE -- The Husky men finished off an undefeated weekend against ranked teams, knocking off Boise State, 5-2. The Dawgs improved to 5-2 on the season and have now won three-straight matches at home.
Washington began by winning the doubles point as Viktor Farkas and Jeff Hawke won at No. 3. The Husky duo defeated Mitchell and Fillipp Pogostkin of the Broncos, 8-5. Clinching the doubles point were Kyle McMorrow and Marton Bots who defeated Andy Bettles and Nathan Sereke, 8-6.
In singles, Farkas and Bots got the Huskies off to a quick start, winning their matches in straight sets. Farkas made quick work of Garrett Patton and No. 5, defeating him, 6-1, 6-3. He was followed by Marton Bots knocking off Nathan Sereke, 6-4, 6-2, at the No. 2 spot.
Clinching the win for Washington was Emmett Egger who also won in straight sets, but needed seven games in each. Egger beat Scott Sears, 7-5, 7-6, at No. 3.
Also earning a singles wins for the Dawgs was Nicholas Kamisar. Kamisar dropped the first set, 6-1, but came back to beat Thomas Tenreino, 6-3, 6-2.
Suffering his first loss of the dual season was Kyle McMorrow, falling to Bettles in three sets, 2-6, 7-6, 3-6. Max Manthou also fell, losing to Pogostkin, 6-7, 6-0, 10-6.
The Dawgs will have one last tune-up before ITA Indoor Nationals next weekend when it hosts Eastern Washington on February 8, at 4 p.m.
Washington Men's Tennis
February 3, 2013 - Seattle, Wash.
Nordstrom Tennis Center
No. 23 Washington 5, No. 38 Boise State 2
1. Bots/McMorrow d. Bettles/Sereke, 8-6.
2. Barnhart/Manthou d. Patton/Sears, 8-7 (8-6).
3. Farkas/Hawke d. Mitchell/Pogostkin, 8-5.
Order of Finish: 3, 1, 2.
1. Andy Bettles d. Kyle McMorrow, 6-2, 6-7, 6-3.
2. Marton Bots d. Nathan Sereke, 6-4, 6-2.
3. Emmett Egger d. Scott Sears, 7-5, 7-6.
4. Filipp Pogostkin d. Max Manthou, 7-6, 0-6, 10-6.
5. Viktor Farkas d. Garrett Patton, 6-1, 6-3.
6. Nicholas Kamisar d. Thomas Tenreiro, 1-6, 6-3, 6-2.
Order of Finish: 5, 2, 3, 6, 4, 1.