SEATTLE -- The Husky men's tennis team made quick work of Eastern Washington, winning 7-0 on Friday night at the Nordstrom Tennis Center. The Dawgs won the doubles point and the five of six singles matches in straight sets.
In doubles, Marton Bots and Max Manthou got the Dawgs started, winning 8-2 at No.2. They were followed by Emmett Egger and Kyle McMorrow winning at No. 1 doubles, 8-3.
In singles, Washington lost just one set in sweeping the matches. Viktor Farkas was the first winner when Tomas Aranguiz withdrew just five games into the first set. Marton Bots lost just two games on the way to beating Eduardo Martinez, 6-2, 6-0.
Clinching the win for Washington was Jeff Hawe who beat Eduardo Bringold, 6-0, 6-2, at No. 5 singles. Also winning in straight sets were Max Manthou and Rishabh Raman. Manthou defeated Kyle Koetje, 6-1, 6-1, while Raman made his dual match dedut with a 6-3, 6-2 victory.
Finally, Emmett Egger made his debut at No. 1 singles and beat Joseph Cohen, 6-2, 3-6, 10-4.
Next up for Washington will be the ITA National Team Indoors. The Dawgs will host the nation's top teams from February 15-18 at the Nordstrom Tennis Center and the Seattle Tennis Club.
Washington Men's Tennis
February 8, 2013 - Seattle, Wash.
Nordstrom Tennis Center
No. 24 Washington 7, Eastern Washington 0
1. Egger/McMorrow d. Cohen/Martinez, 8-3.
2. Bots/Manthou d. Aranguiz/Koetje, 8-2.
3. Lunardi/Puscalau d. Carpio/Bringold, 7-7 (7-5).
Order of Finish: 2,1,3.
1. Emmett Egger d. Joseph Cohen, 6-2, 3-6, 10-4.
2. Marton Bots d. Eduardo Martinez, 6-2, 6-0.
3. Viktor Farkas d. Tomas Aranguiz, 3-2, WD.
4. Max Manthou d. Kyle Koetje, 6-1, 6-1.
5. Jeff Hawke d. Eduardo Bringold, 6-0, 6-2.
6. Rishabh Raman d. Stefan Farrar, 6-3, 6-2.
Order of Finish: 3,2,5,4,6,1.