TUCSON, Ariz. - No. 20 Texas Tech cruised to its third straight win over a ranked opponent, as the Lady Raiders blanked No. 58 Sacramento State, 7-0, on Sunday at Arizona's Robson Tennis Center.
Texas Tech won eight on nine matches on the day, with Sacramento State's Rebeca Delgado and Sophie Lohscheidt upsetting Samantha Adams and Kenna Kilgo, 8-5, at No. 1 doubles for the lone Hornet win.
"We were fortunate to get the doubles point today," said Lady Raider head coach Todd Petty. "I felt like this was one of our better singles performances this year. We learned a lot yesterday (against Arizona) and were able to close out some matches. Overall, this was a great weekend."
Despit the loss at No. 1, the nationally-ranked No. 33 tandem of Rashmi Teltumbde and Nikki Sanders won at No. 2 doubles, while Elizabeth Ullathorne and Caroline Starck captured No. 3 doubles for the point.
Adams, Kilgo, Teltumbde, Sanders, Starck and Sandra Dynka all secured singles wins for the Lady Raiders.
Texas Tech has now defeated Sacramento State in consecutive years. The Lady Raiders return to action Saturday in Houston against Tulane.
#20 Texas Tech 7, #58 Sacramento State 0
Tucson, Ariz./ Robson Tennis Center
1. #49 Samantha Adams (TT) def. Rebeca Delgado (SAC) 6-0, 6-4
2. Rashmi Teltumbde (TT) def. Sophie Lohscheidt (SAC) 6-2, 6-2
3. Kenna Kilgo (TT) def. Katharina Knoebl (SAC) 4-6, 7-6, 1-0 (10-8)
4. Sandra Dynka (TT) def. Jennifer Nguyen (SAC) 6-4, 6-1
5. Nikki Sanders (TT) def. Siobhan Ryan-Bovey (SAC) 6-1, 6-0
6. Caroline Starck (TT) def. Saskia Angerer (SAC) 6-3, 6-1
1. Rebeca Delgado/Sophie Lohscheidt (SAC) def. Samantha Adams/Kenna Kilgo (TT) 8-5
2. #33 Nikki Sanders/Rashmi Teltumbde (TT) def. Katharina Knoebl/Jennifer Nguyen (SAC) 8-7
3. Elizabeth Ullathorne/Caroline Starck (TT) def. Saskia Angerer/Andrea Gomez-Carus (SAC) 8-2
Sacramento State 0-2; National ranking #58
Texas Tech 4-1; National ranking #20
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (5,1,6,2,4,3)