||Arizona State University
• Rookie of the year for tennis freshman year in high school (2007).
• CIF team champion 2007 and 2008.
• CIF team finalist 2009 and 2010.
• Quarter-finalist in individual CIF singles in 2008, 2009, and 2010.
• Named MVP of high school tennis team 2008, 2009, and 2010.
• Was captain of high school tennis team in 2009 and 2010.
• Won Academic All-America 2009 and 2010.
• Distinguished athlete award from Dana Hills High School in 2010.
• South Coast League Champion all four years of high school (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010).
• Born on February 1, 1993 in Newport Beach, Calif.
• Parents are Mike Smith (Civil Engineer) and Maria Smith (homemaker).
• Joanna has one brother Michael (22) and two sisters Alyssa (16), and Kristina (20).
• Father, Mike Smith, played men's tennis at University of Maryland and Mother, Maria Smith, played women's tennis at UC Irvine.
• Undeclared on major.
• Was Valedictorian of senior class with a 4.2 GPA.
• Lists her most exciting moments in sports as winning the CIF championship her freshman and sophomore years in high school.
• Enjoys listening to music and going to the beach and loves to eat sushi, pasta, and frozen yogurt.