||Boise State University
||Palm Desert HS
2014-15 | SOPHOMORE HIGHLIGHTS
• Finished the year with a 19-14 overall mark in singles going 5-4 in fall tournaments and 14-10 in spring duals.
• Tallied a overall doubles record of 15-17 while going 5-2 in the fall and 10-15 in the spring.
• Won his singles flight at the Larry Easley Memorial at UNLV (Oct. 31-Nov. 2) in the fall defeating Northern Arizona’s Adi Zilberstein in straight sets 6-3, 6-2 ... finished competition with 3-0 record.
• Reached semifinals of his flight at the Dar Walters Boise State Fall Classic (Oct. 3-5) in Boise.
• Had won seven straight singles matches in the spring before falling in the NCAA Team Tournament when the Broncos faced South Florida (May 8) in the opening round at Blacksburg, Va.
• Went 11-6 playing No. 6 singles ... also recorded a 5-1 mark versus Mountain West opponents which includes going 3-0 at the MW Tournament in Albuquerque, N.M. (April 23-26).
• Clinched Boise State’s MW Tournament semifinal victory over New Mexico rallying from one set down to win in three at No. 6 singles 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 over Rodolfo Jauregui.
• In doubles he competed with five different partners ... went 5-4 with Garrett Patton primarily at No. 2 doubles ... tallied a 5-9 mark with Brian Foley at No. 3 doubles.
2013-14 | FRESHMAN HIGHLIGHTS
• Completed his debut season at Boise State with an 8-3 record for singles, including a 4-3 mark in two fall tournaments to go with a 4-0 record in spring duals.
• Won his first match as a Bronco defeating Utah State’s Fredrik Peterson in straight sets 7-6, 6-0 at the Dar Walters Tennis Classic (Oct. 4-6) in Boise ... after dropping his opening match at the ITA Mountain Regional in Las Vegas (Oct. 16-20) went 3-1 in the back draw reaching the consolation round of 16 where he fell in three sets.
• Saw action in four spring duals where he went undefeated on court six, including a rally from one set down to claim a three-set victory over Idaho’s Filip Fichtel 4-6, 7-6 (5), 7-6 (3) to help the Broncos defeat the Vandals 5-0.
• In doubles play Hewko went 5-1, 1-1 in fall tournaments and 4-0 in spring duals.
• Played all four spring duals on court three with Brian Foley (2-0), Andy Bettles (1-0) and Aidan Reid (1-0).
PRIOR TO BOISE STATE
• Graduated from Palm Desert High School in Palm Desert, Calif., in the spring of 2013.
• Helped Palm Desert High to California Interscholastic Federation team championship in 2011 and 2012.
• Ranked as high as No. 22 in the TennisRecruiting.net RPI rankings and was listed as a five-star recruit.
• Finalist at the USTA Junior Boys 18 National Open in 2012.