AS A REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE (2003-04)
• Earned 2004 All-Big 12 Conference honors in singles and doubles (with sophomore Kendra Strohm).
• Garnered 2004 first-team Academic All-Big 12 honors.
• Awarded Big 12 Conference Player of the Week laurels on March 2 for posting unblemished 3-0 records in both singles and doubles for the week, including a three-set victory at No. 2 singles which helped Texas defeat Pac-10 power UCLA (4-3) on Feb. 29.
• Received the UT Women’s Athletics Angie Broussard Spirit Award presented to a student-athlete who has overcome barriers and setbacks.
• Named team Co-MVP along with freshman Ristine Olson.
• Compiled a 21-7 dual-match record in singles playing predominantly at the No. 2 position.
• Posted a 10-1 singles record during Big 12 Conference action.
• Played at No. 1 doubles with Strohm and compiled a 16-11 dual-match record.
• Competed in the NCAA Doubles Championships with Strohm and finished the season ranked No. 42 nationally in doubles.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2002-03)
• Redshirted the season.
AS A FRESHMAN (2001-02)
• Named the 2002 ITA Southwest Region Rookie Player of the Year.
• Finished the season ranked No. 74 nationally in singles.
• Totaled a 20-8 (.714) overall singles record and a 13-3 (.812) overall doubles record.
• Claimed the singles championship, as well as the doubles title (with senior Rebekah Forney) at the ASU Thunderbird Fall Invitational (Nov. 9-11).
• Won the winner’s bracket of consolation singles at the Rice Tennis Classic (Oct. 5-7).
• Compiled a 20-8 (.714) overall singles record, including a 7-5 mark in dual-match play.
• Posted a 9-1 (.900) overall doubles record with Forney, which included a 3-1 mark at the No. 3 position.
• Four-year letterwinner at James Madison HS under the direction of Ernest Tolten.
• Three-time Virginia state 3A singles champion (1999-2001) and two-time doubles champion (1999, 2001), as well as four-time district singles and doubles champion (1998-2001).
• Three-time region singles champion.
• Helped lead Madison to runner-up finish at 2000 state tournament.
• Three-time Washington Post All-Metropolitan Tennis Player of the Year.
• 2001 Virginia state Female Athlete of the Year nominee.
• Member of the 2000 U.S. National Team.
• Reached No. 3 in the 2000 Girls’ 16 rankings and No. 17 in the Girls’ 18 rankings.
• Advanced to the quarterfinals of the 2000 Easter Bowl Championships.
• Finished fifth at the 2000 International Hard Court Championships and third at the 2000 K-Swiss Junior Open.
• Received the 1999 National Hard Court Championships Sportsmanship Award, while finishing the tournament in third place.
• Member of the National Honor Society and National Math Honor Society.
Daughter of Edward and Jytte Ruckert … has one younger brother, Christopher … her father, Edward, was a two-time letterwinner in football at Georgetown University … majoring in government … born May 3, 1983.