Username   Password   
Forgot  |  Register | FAQ
Georgia Tech - Facilities
Bill Moore Tennis Center

One of the top collegiate facilities in the nation, the Bill Moore Tennis Center serves as the home of the Georgia Tech tennis teams.

The complex was opened for the 1988 season and officially dedicated on October 28, 1988, in honor of Bill Moore, whose efforts were vital in the construction of this impressive facility.

A graduate of Georgia Tech in Management and a tennis letterman, Moore is chairman of the Kelly-Moore Paint Company, the largest independent paint company in the United States, and the Calmutual Insurance Company.

Born in Poteau, Okla., Moore teamed with Russell Bobbit to win the Southeastern Conference doubles crown in 1938, helping the Yellow Jackets capture the team title. A member of the Georgia Tech Hall of Fame, Moore lost only one singles match during his collegiate career.

Located on Fowler Street across from Alexander Memorial Coliseum, the Bill Moore Tennis Complex features twelve outdoor courts and three indoor courts.

The outdoor courts are divided into two tiers, and the top six courts are lighted and have permanent seating for 1,500 with the main grandstand along court number one and more seating along the baseline of the six courts. The indoor facility is two stories, with three courts on the lower level, along with locker rooms for the men's and women's teams and visiting teams.

The upper level, known as the Hansard Room, houses a pro shop, coaches' offices and a lounge area that includes trophy cases displaying Yellow Jacket tennis memorabilia, all with full view of the courts.

Well-suited for hosting tournaments, the Bill Moore Tennis Center has been the site of numerous major events, including the NCAA Region II Championship in 1997, the Atlantic Coast Conference Championships in 1998 and the ITA Rolex South Region Championships.