Boston College Team Page
Chestnut Hill, MA - The Boston College men's tennis team lost to Georgia Tech on Sunday morning 6-1 in an ACC conference match.
The Eagles entered singles competition down 1-0 after surrendering the doubles point to the Yellow Jackets.
In the singles competition BC picked up their lone point of the match in the No. 2 position from freshman Akash Muppidi who defeated his opponent Miguel Muguruza 6-1, 4-6, 1-0 (10-2).
The Eagles travel to Florida next weekend to wrap up their ACC schedule against Miami and Florida State.
Georgia Tech 6, Boston College 1
1. #16 Guillermo Gomez (GT) def. Thomas Nolan (BC) 6-1, 6-4
2. Akash Muppidi (BC) def. Miguel Muguruza (GT) 6-1, 4-6, 1-0 (10-2)
3. Eliot Potvin (GT) def. Erik Kreutzer (BC) 6-4, 6-3, 1-0 (10-9)
4. Kevin King (GT) def. Alex Skinner (BC) 6-4, 6-0
5. Ryan Smith (GT) def. Brendon Wong (BC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Austin Roebuck (GT) def. Brian Locklear (BC) 6-2, 1-6, 1-0 (10-5)
1. Miguel Muguruza/Ryan Smith (GT) def. Thomas Nolan/Erik Kreutzer (BC) 8-4
2. Kevin King/Doug Kenny (GT) def. Alex Skinner/Brian Locklear (BC) 8-0
3. Guillermo Gomez/Austin Roebuck (GT) def. Adam Davidson/Akash Muppidi (BC) 8-2
Match Notes: Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (1,5,4,3,6)