Brigham Young University Hawaii Team Page
Glendale, AZ—The Brigham Young University Hawaii men’s tennis team defeated Montana State-Billings 7-2 today in Arizona. The Seasiders swept the three doubles matches and won four of the six singles matches to claim the win.
Zevhan Zakharov and Martin Chojnacki earned an 8-5 win at number one doubles for BYU-Hawaii and C.J. Adamson and Andy Xing claimed an 8-2 win at the second doubles. Christiaan Noot and Isaac Hadley picked up the third doubles point with an 8-5 win at the third slot.
Zakharov scored a 6-0, 6-3 win at number one singles and Adamson won 6-4, 0-6, (10-6) at number three singles. Noot earned a 7-5, 7-5 win at number four singles and Xing picked up a point with a 6-2, 6-3 win at number six singles.
The Seasiders will be back in action tomorrow against UC San Diego in Glendale, Arizona at 10:00 am MST.
1. #29 Zevhan Zakharov, BYUH def. Mikel Kosich, MSUB 6-0, 6-3
2. Alonso Leon, MSUB def. Martin Chojnacki, BYUH 7-6(11), 6-3
3. C.J. Adamson, BYUH def. Navin Marimuthu, MSUB 6-4, 0-6, (10-6)
4. Christiaan Noot, BYUH def. Brad Knutson, MSUB 7-5, 7-5
5. Kavindu Gamage, MSUB def. Isaac Hadley, BYUH 6-4, 6-3
6. Andy Xing, BYUH def. Thomas Stuffileno, MSUB 6-2, 6-3
1. Zakharov/Chojnacki, BYUH def. Marimuthu/Leon, MSUB 8-5
2. Adamson/Xing, BYUH def. Geoff Fehr/Knutson, MSUB 8-2
3. Noot/Hadley, BYUH def. Stuffileno/Gamage, MSUB 8-5