Boise State University Team Page
MINNEAPOLIS - The Boise State men's tennis team fell to No. 35 Louisville 4-1, Sunday, leveling the Broncos' record at 1-1 for the weekend after a win against No. 44 Minnesota, Saturday.
The team of Patton/Sears continued to shine with an 8-6 win against Brown/Elizondo. The team is now 6-1 this season and has won its last four matches.
Louisville would go on to win the doubles match on court one against Bettles/Sereke and rallied for a comeback win against Tenreiro/Mitchell to take the doubles team point.
No. 28 Andy Bettles would even the score at 1-1 with a win against No. 82 Sebastian Stiefelmeyer, 6-1, 6-3. The junior from Somerset, England has now won four-straight singles matches, all against ranked opponents.
The Cardinals would take over from there, picking up wins at Nos. 3, 5 and 6 to secure the win.
The Broncos (3-5, 1-0 MW) will next compete, Friday, Feb. 22 at San Diego.
"It was a very intense match that had several momentum swings," said head coach Greg Patton. "It was a roller coaster that took turns you never saw coming. Louisville took advantage of some great opportunities but we are ready to bounce back after the break."
1. Gornet/Wagner def. Bettles/Sereke, 8-4
2. Patton/Sears def. Brown/Elizondo, 8-6
3. Damrongsri/Stiefelmeyer def. Tenreiro/Mitchell 8-6
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
1. No. 28 Andy Bettles def. No. 82 Sebastian Stiefelmeyer, 6-1, 6-3
2. Albert Wagner vs. Nathan Serke, DNF
3. Chris Simich def. Scott Sears, 7-5, 6-3
4. Thomas Tenreiro vs. Thomas Lippen, DNF
5. Alex Gornet def. Garrett Patton, 6-2, 6-4
6. Luis Elizondo def. Toby Mitchell, 6-1, 0-6, 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 5, 6, 3