Gaucho Tennis Dominates George Washington, 5-2
SANTA BARBARA, Calif.- Women's Tennis battled George Washington this afternoon, taking home a 5-2 win. Playing with April Scatliffe, the teams number one singles player, missing this afternoon, the women all knew that they had to step up their game. Stepping up is exactly what the women did, as they swept in doubles and defeated George Washington.
"It was a tough win today without our No. 1 player gone. We had our teams step up. We are looking to rest and train for the last segment of the season." Coach Thibodeau says of the match.
The Gauchos started out strong in doubles and ended up sweeping the Colonials 3-0. With Scatliffe out for the match Karolina Kecki stepped in with Kiersten Meehan at No. 3 doubles taking an 8-6 win.
The women all were pushed up a spot in singles, having Kecki start at No. 6 singles. Erica Cano started out singles at No. 5 with a quick 6-3, 6-0 win, followed shortly by Kecki with a 6-4, 6-3 win.
After dropping a match a No. 2, Priscila Garcia was unable to complete her match and ended up retiring in the third set.
The women are not set to play again until next Sunday March 24th, against Oklahoma at 10:30am at UCSB.
1. 1. Kiersten Meehan (UCSB) def. PASCARELLA, Leah (GW): 7-5, 7-5
2. 2. ROBINS, Lana (GW) def. Paola Cos (UCSB): 7-5, 6-1
3. 3. WEI, Stephanie (GW) def. Priscila Garcia (UCSB): 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (ret.)
4. 4. Stacy Yam (UCSB) def. HAMLING, Mimi (GW): 6-2, 3-6, 6-1
5. 5. Erica Cano (UCSB) def. LYSIENIA, Dorota (GW): 6-3, 6-0
6. 6. Karolina Kecki (UCSB) def. CARPENTER, Christina (GW): 6-4, 6-3
1. 1. Paola Cos/Priscila Garcia (UCSB) def. HAMLING, Mimi/ PASCARELLA, Leah (GW): 8-1
2. 2. Stacy Yam/ Erica Cano (UCSB) def. ROBINS, Lana/ LYSIENIA, Dorota (GW): 8-4
3. 3. Kiersten Meehan/ Karolina Kecki (UCSB) def. WEI, Stephanie/ CARPENTER, Christina (GW): 8-6
UC Santa Barbara 11-5