||Univ. of Texas at Austin
||Univ. of Nebraska H.S.
||Saturday, May 04, 1991
• ITA All-American … NCAA Doubles Championship finalist … final ITA doubles ranking of No. 15.
• Advanced to the NCAA Doubles Championship final with Chris Camillone … as the 41st-ranked team, Holiner and Camillone defeated three top-five teams en rote to the title match … defeated No. 28 Billy Federhofer and Gordon Watson (Florida) in three sets in the first round (2-6, 6-3, 6-4) … took down Tennessee’s top-ranked Mikelis Libietis and Hunter Reese in straight sets in the round of 32 (7-6, 7-5) … won the quarterfinal match over No. 5 Hernus Pieters and Ben Wagland (Georgia) in a third-set tiebreaker (3-6, 6-4, 7-6) … became the first Texas doubles team to reach the finals of the NCAA Doubles Championship since 1995 with a three-set win over No. 3 Joas Lutjen and Nik Scholtz (Mississippi) in the semifinals (6-2, 5-7, 6-3) … lost in three sets in the finals to No. 4 Jarmere Jenkins and Mac Styslinger of Virginia (6-3, 2-6, 4-6).
• Posted a 23-12 doubles record and 17-11 singles record … finished with an 18-9 doubles record with Chris Camillone, including a 13-5 mark in individual tournaments … picked up five doubles wins against nationally-ranked opponents, all with Camillone.
• Began the season No. 99 in the ITA singles rankings.
• Defeated Campbell Johnson (California) in straight sets at the Olympia Fields Country Club Invitational (Sept. 15) … Johnson finished the season ranked 64th.
• Played at No. 6 singles in 10 of Texas’ 26 dual matches (5-5 record).
• Defeated Texas A&M’s Jordan Szabo in the second round of the NCAA Championship … after losing the first set to Szabo, 6-0, Holiner rallied to win the second and third sets, 6-2, 6-2.
• Eight of his final 12 singles matches of the season went to three sets.
• Represented Texas’ dual match-clinching point against South Florida by defeating Guillermo De Vilchez in straight sets (6-0, 6-4) on March 2.
AS A SOPHOMORE (2011-12)
• posted a 25-8 overall singles record, including a 14-5 mark in dual matches
• registered a 25-14 overall doubles record and ended the season ranked No. 39 in the ITA national doubles rankings
• helped Texas to a 4-3 home win over Texas A&M with a 6-2, 6-4 win over the Aggies' Jeremy Efferding at fourth singles
• defeated Baylor's Kike Grangeiro at fourth singles (3-6, 6-1, 6-4) in UT's road loss to the Bears
• completed a weekend conference sweep of Oklahoma's David Pultr at sixth singles (6-3, 6-0) and Oklahoma State's Trevor Horstmann at fifth singles (6-0, 6-2)
• defeated USC's 50th-ranked Emilio Gomez (2-6, 6-4, 6-3) in UT's home loss to the eventual national champion Trojans
• helped Texas to a 4-2 neutral-site win over Florida State with a 6-1, 6-2 win over the Seminoles' Jason Zafiros at fifth singles
• notched a 6-0, 6-3 win over TCU's Paul Chappell in Texas' 7-0 home win over the Horned Frogs
• completed a day-night doubleheader sweep of UTSA's Martin Ayala (6-7 , 6-3, 6-3) and UT Arlington's Soren Goritzka (6-3, 6-0), both at No. 3 singles
• helped Texas to a 4-1 win over Texas A&M at the ITA National Team Indoor Championship by posting a 6-2, 6-2 win over the Aggies' Jackson Withrow at fifth singles
• notched a 6-4, 7-5 win over Texas A&M's Jackson Withrow at sixth singles in UT's 4-3 neutral-site loss to the Aggies
• defeated Maryland's Andy Magee by a 6-0, 6-4 count at No. 5 singles in Texas' 4-0 win over the Terrapins in the opening round of the ITA Kick-Off Weekend event
• went 3-0 in singles at the Key Biscayne Quad and posted wins over LSU's Stefan Szacinski (6-3, 6-3), Denver's Jens Vorkefeld (6-2, 6-4) and LSU's James Turbervill (6-7, 6-1, 7-5)
• posted a 7-5, 6-4 win over UT Arlington's Nicolas Moreno in the round of 64 at the ITA Texas Regional Championships
• defeated New Mexico's Ben Dunbar (6-3, 6-4) in the qualifying draw's round of 128 (6-3, 6-4) at the ITA All-American Championships
• reached the qualifying draw at the ITA All-American Championships with wins over DePaul's Matija Palinic (6-3, 6-1), South Carolina-Upstate's Edgar Rodriguez (6-2, 6-0) and SMU's Arturs Kazijevs (7-5, ret.) in the pre-qualifying draw
• defeated Alabama's Carlos Taborga (6-2, 6-2), Notre Dame's Niall Fitzgerald (6-3, ret.) and Notre Dame's Blas Moros (0-6, 6-3, 6-1) at the Olympia Fields Fighting Illini Invitational
AS A REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (2010-11)
• posted a 13-10 overall singles record, including a 4-3 mark in dual matches
• registered a 25-8 overall doubles record
• defeated UMKC's David Heckler at sixth singles (6-0, 6-1) in UT's 4-0 win over the Kangaroos in the opening round of the NCAA Championship
• posted a 7-5, 6-4 win over UTSA's Maximilian Stratmann at fifth singles in UT's 7-0 win over the Roadrunners
• notched a 6-3, 7-6 (5) win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi's Matt Westmoreland at fifth singles in UT's win over the Islanders
• knocked off SMU's Tobias Flood (7-6, 6-4) in Texas' 6-1 victory over the Mustangs
• clinched Texas' victory over Illinois at the ITA National Team Indoor Championship with a 6-7 (0), 6-3, 6-4 win over the Fighting Illini's Abe Souza at fifth singles
• defeated Michigan's Duncan Muil (6-0, 6-1) and Denver's Alex Clinkenbeard (2-6, 6-4, 6-4) at the Key Biscayne Invitational
• posted consolation bracket wins over Texas Tech's Raphael Pfister (6-2, 6-7, 1-0) and Lamar's Marton Horvath (6-1, 6-0) at the Texas Invitational
• posted consolation bracket victories over Texas Tech's Ryan Ybarra (6-0, 4-6, 1-0 ), TCU's Christopher Price (6-2, 6-4) and UT Arlington's Erik Hjertonsson (6-2, 6-2) at the ITA Texas Regional Championship
• defeated LSU's Tom Knights (6-2, def.) and Texas A&M-Corpus Christi's Laurent Montoisy (6-3, 6-2) at the Rice Fall Invitational
AS A FRESHMAN (2009-10)
• redshirt season
• ranked No. 6 in the nation and No. 1 in Texas among high school seniors
• placed sixth at the 2009 USTA Boys' 18 National Championships in Kalamazoo, Mich.
• claimed the doubles title at the 2008 Eddie Herr Junior Championships
• captured the doubles title at the 2006 Easter Bowl
• claimed singles titles at U.S. National Open events in San Antonio, Texas, Norman, Okla., and Lexington, Ky.
• won a bronze medal for Team USA at the 2009 Maccabiah Games in Israel
Son of Joel and Wendy Holiner ... has one sister, Camille (18) ... born May 4, 1991 in Dallas, Texas ... member of the Big 12 Commissioner's Honor Roll (Spring 2010, Spring 2011, Spring 2012) ... major is corporate communication.