igeTigers Fall at No. 3 Georgia, 4-0 Auburn wraps up regular season Sunday at Tennessee
ATHENS, Ga. - Auburn's 18th-ranked men's tennis team fell on the road Friday afternoon, dropping a 4-0 decision to No. 3 Georgia at the Dan Magill Tennis Center.
Auburn (13-8, 5-6) will play its final match of the 2013 regular season Sunday with a noon CT contest at No. 10 Tennessee. Live stats will be available through UTSports.com.
The Tigers fell behind early after Georgia (18-4, 10-1) claimed the doubles point with wins on courts one and two. Georgia's fifth-ranked team of Hernus Pieters and Ben Wagland downed Auburn's third-ranked Andreas Mies and Daniel Cochrane, and the Bulldogs' 24th-ranked tandem of Garrett Brasseaux and Nathan Pasha defeated 48th-ranked Dennis Lengsfeld and Lucas Lopasso by identical 8-4 scores.
In singles, the Bulldogs made it 2-0 when Garrett Brasseaux earned a 6-2, 6-4 win over Lopasso at the No. 5 position. Georgia got another win as 44th-ranked Nathan Pasha defeated 115th-ranked Cochrane at the No. 2 line, 6-3, 6-3. And the Bulldogs clinched the victory as No. 7-ranked KU Singh downed 28th-ranked Mies at the top singles spot, 6-4, 7-5.
Auburn had dropped the first set on the other three courts but had begun to make up ground when the match was halted. Lukas Ollert was a point away from winning a second-set tiebreaker, Joseph Van Dooren was a game away from sending the match to a third set on court six, and Lengsfeld was all square with Wagland on court three.
Auburn Men's Tennis Results
April 12, 2013
Dan Magill Tennis Center - Athens, Ga.
#3 Georgia 4, #18 Auburn 0
1. #7 KU Singh (UG) def. #28 Andreas Mies (AU) 6-4, 7-5
2. #44 Nathan Pasha (UG) def. #115 Daniel Cochrane (AU) 6-3, 6-3
3. #64 Ben Wagland (UG) vs. Dennis Lengsfeld (AU) 7-6 (7-5), 4-4, unfinished
4. #121 Hernus Pieters (UG) vs. #122 Lukas Ollert (AU) 6-2, 6-6 (6-7), unfinished
5. Garrett Brasseaux (UG) def. Lucas Lopasso (AU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Marco Nunez (UG) vs. Joseph Van Dooren (AU) 6-4, 2-5, unfinished
1. #5 Hernus Pieters/Ben Wagland (UG) def. #3 Daniel Cochrane/Andreas Mies (AU) 8-4
2. #24 Garrett Brasseaux/Nathan Pasha (UG) def. #48 Dennis Lengsfeld/Lucas Lopasso (AU) 8-4
3. Eric Diaz/Marco Nunez (UG) vs. Lukas Ollert/Joseph Van Dooren (AU) 7-4, unfinished
Auburn 13-8 (5-6); National ranking #18
Georgia 18-4 (10-1); National ranking #3
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1); Singles (5,2,1)