Feb. 12, 2010
CONTACT: Pat Murray
OFFICE: (409) 880-2323
CELL: (409) 651-0521
Lamar Edges Abilene Christian in Men’s Tennis
ABILENE, Texas – Lamar’s Robert Lee continued his winning ways to lead the Lamar University men’s tennis team to a 4-3 non-conference victory over Abilene Christian on Friday.
Lee, the reigning Southland Conference Player of the Week, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over Luke Hawk at third singles, and combined with Denis Ermilov at first doubles for an 8-5 victory over Hawk and John Strahl to help Lamar earn the decisive doubles point.
Ermilov and Marton Horvath also won at singles for Lamar (5-1). Abilene Christian fell to 8-5.
Lamar returns to action at 2 p.m. Feb. 20 when it hosts Nicholls in a Southland Conference match.
Tennis Match Results
Lamar at Abilene Christian
Lamar 4, Abilene Christian 3
1. John Strahl (ABILENE) def. Richard Filkuka (LU) 6-1, 6-4
2. Eldad Campbell (ABILENE) def. Dusan Savkovic (LU) 7-6, 6-0
3. Robert Lee (LU) def. Luke Hawk (ABILENE) 6-3, 6-3
4. Marton Horvath (LU) def. Brett Proctor (ABILENE) 6-3, 6-4
5. Denis Ermilov (LU) def. Jared Hope (ABILENE) 6-4, 6-4
6. Cody McCarty (ABILENE) def. Diego Snyder (LU) 7-6, 1-6, 10-4
1. Robert Lee/Denis Ermilov (LU) def. Luke Hawk/John Strahl (ABILENE) 8-5
2. Eldad Campbell/Brett Proctor (ABILENE) def. Dusan Savkovic/Marton Horvath (LU) 8-4
3. Richard Filkuka/Diego Snyder (LU) def. Jared Hope/Karl Bein (ABILENE) 8-5