St. Thomas University (Fla.) Team Page
MIAMI GARDENS, FL – The St. Thomas University Bobcats drop a tight 7-2 decision to the Florida Institute of Technology. The Bobcats performed great in the doubles and dropped a few close matches in the singles play. The loss drops the Bobcats overall record to 5-5 and 3-2 in The Sun Conference.
The Bobcats came out of the doubles play in good shape leading 2-1. Bache and Fountain played impressively to score an 8-6 win. Acevedo and Marquez also pulled out a close match getting the break late in the match and winning 9-7.
The Bobcats were unable to capture any points in the singles play. All the matches were relatively close and William Fountain fell in a tough 6-1, 6-7, 7-5 decision at #2 singles. Kenneth Evans also fell in a tough 3-setter losing 6-4, 6-7, 6-1. The Bobcats performed well, they were just unable to pull out the tough matches.
The Bobcats will be taking the court on Wednesday (March 17) against Hamilton College. The match will be played at home and is scheduled to start at 2:00 pm.
1. James McLane (FTM) def. Jeremy Bache (STUM) 6-3, 6-3
2. Jonathan Hanna (FTM) def. William Fountain (STUM) 6-1, 6-7, 7-5
3. Noe Losmozos (FTM) def. Andrew Rifkin (STUM) 6-0, 7-5
4. Bradley Kirkham (FTM) def. Kenneth Evans (STUM) 6-4, 6-7, 6-1
5. Cory Hodes (FTM) def. Ricardo Marquez (STUM) 6-4, 6-1
6. D.J. Pate (FTM) def. Federico Acevedo (STUM) 6-4, 6-2
1. Bradley Kirkham/Noe Losmozos (FTM) def. Adrian Escarte/Andrew Rifkin (STUM) 8-4
2. Jeremy Bache/William Fountain (STUM) def. Jonathan Hanna/Stuart Perkins (FTM) 8-6
3. Federico Acevedo/Ricardo Marquez (STUM) def. James McLane/Michael Schmidt (FTM) 9-7