BOCA RATON - Fla. - After two matches against Philadelphia opponents, Penn headed south to Florida to start off a weekend of intense play against Florida Atlantic on Saturday.
FAU prevailed with a 5-2 win in the dual match.
FAU swept the doubles point, 3-0, with wins at all three positions.
In singles, Penn had wins at Nos. 5 and 6 from and . Lin's win came over an opponent who entered the match with a 7-2 record on the season with wins over players from Miami and Florida State.Justen RothJason Lin
Adam Schwartz and Phil Law were in close singles matches, with one break point proving the difference in both matches. At No. 1 singles, Hicham Laalej had set point in the second set to extend the match, but Marc Abdelnour rallied for the win.
Penn heads to No. 23 Miami on Sunday.
Florida Atlantic def. Penn 5-2
Doubles, FAU Sweeps 3-0
1. Majcher/Abdelnour (FAU) def. Laalej/Law (Penn), 8-3
2. Scholl/Vardag (FAU) def. Schwartz/Vasin (Penn), 8=3
3. Harradine/Nieto (FAU)/Karsh/Lin (Penn), 8-1
1. Abdelnour (FAU) def. Laalej (Penn), 3-6, 6-7 (7)
2. Vardag (FAU) def. Schwartz (Penn), 4-6, 4-6
3. Harradine (FAU) def. Law (Penn), 4-6, 4-6
4. Scholl (FAU) def. Vasin (Penn) 6-7(5), 1-6
5. Lin (Penn) def. Nieto (FAU) 6-3, 6-2
6. Roth (Penn) def. Majcher (FAU), 6-2, 6-4