Brigham Young University Hawaii Defeats Northwestern College
Laie, HI—The Brigham Young University Hawaii men’s tennis team defeated Northwestern College (MN) twice today by identical 9-0 scores to improve to 5-0 for the season. The Seasiders completely overmatched the Division III Eagles and never came close to losing a set in either match.
Rong Ma and Diego Miranda won 6-0, 6-0 matches at number one and three singles in the morning match and Ma combined with doubles partner Agnel Peter for an 8-0 win at number one doubles while Miranda joined with C.J. Adamson for a similar 8-0 win at the second doubles spot. In the second match, Miranda moved up to number one singles and again won 6-0, 6-0 while Andy Xing and Taylor De Hoyas won 8-0 at number two doubles.
The Seasiders’ next action will be on Monday against Alabama State in Montgomery, Alabama at 12:00 pm CST.
First Match Scores:
1. #18 Rong Ma, BYUH def. Caleb Kauss, NC 6-0, 6-0
2. Agnel Peter, BYUH def. David Knight, NC 6-0, 6-1
3. Diego Miranda, BYUH def. Keagan Blancke, NC 6-0, 6-0
4. C.J. Adamson, BYUH def. Josh Nelson, NC 6-2, 6-0
5. Andy Xing, BYUH def. Joshua Fread, NC def. 6-0, 6-1
6. Daniel Lawler, BYUH def. Jimmy Ekman, NC 6-2, 6-2
1. Ma/Peter, BYUH def. Kauss/Blancke, NC 8-0
2. Miranda/Adamson, BYUH def. Knight/Nelson, NC 8-0
3. Isaac Hadley/Kenyon Finch, BYUH def. Fread/Ekman, NC 8-1
Second Match Scores:
1. Diego Miranda, BYUH def. Caleb Kauss, NC 6-0, 6-0
2. C.J. Adamson, BYUH def. David Knight, NC 6-2, 6-0
3. Andy Xing, BYUH def. Keagan Blancke, NC 6-1, 6-0
4. Taylor De Hoyas, BYUH def. Josh Nelson, NC 6-1, 6-0
5. Kenyon Finch, BYUH def. Joshua Fread, NC def. 6-2, 6-3
6. Chandler Howell, BYUH def. Jimmy Ekman, NC 6-1, 6-1
1. Miranda/Adamson, BYUH def. Kauss/Blancke, NC 8-2
2. Xing/De Hoyas, BYUH def. Knight/Nelson, NC 8-0
3. Isaac Hadley/Finch, BYUH def. Derek Gee/Ekman, NC 8-3