BYU Hawaii vs. UC San Diego
Glendale, AZ—The 25th-ranked Brigham Young University Hawaii men’s tennis team suffered a narrow, 5-4, defeat at the hands of tenth-ranked UC San Diego today in Arizona. The Seasiders took two of the three doubles matches but managed to win just two of the six singles matches.
Zevhan Zakharov and Martin Chojnacki earned an 8-5 win at number one doubles for BYU-Hawaii and C.J. Adamson and Andy Xing claimed an 8-5 win at the second doubles. Zakharov and Chojnacki scored wins at the top two singles slots for the Seasiders.
The Seasiders will be back in action on February 23 against Hawaii Pacific in Laie at 2:00 pm.
1. #29 Zevhan Zakharov, BYUH def. Chapman Chan, UCSD 6-3, 3-6, (10-8)
2. Martin Chojnacki, BYUH def. Junya Yoshida, UCSD 7-5, 6-3
3. Austin West, UCSD def. C.J. Adamson, BYUH 6-1, 6-3
4. #37 Max Jiganti, UCSD def. Christiaan Noot, BYUH 6-1, 6-1
5. Sam Ling, UCSD def. Isaac Hadley, BYUH 6-0, 6-2
6. Kona Luu, UCSD def. Andy Xing, BYUH 6-3, 6-4
1. Zakharov/Chojnacki, BYUH def. #18 West/Devon Sousa, UCSD 8-5
2. Adamson/Xing, BYUH def. Luu/Jason Wall, UCSD 8-5
3. Ling/Yoshida, UCSD def. Noot/Hadley, BYUH 8-2