Montgomery, AL—The Brigham Young University Hawaii men’s tennis team defeated Division I Alabama State today 7-0 to improve to 6-0 for the season. The Seasiders swept each of the six singles matches in straight sets and won all three doubles matches by wide margins.
Rong Ma won 6-2, 6-0 at number one singles and Agnel Peter took a 6-0, 6-1 win at the second spot. Diego Miranda earned a win at number three by a 6-2, 6-1 score while C.J. Adamson was winning 6-2, 6-3 at the fourth position. Andy Xing claimed a 6-4, 6-1 win at fifth singles and Taylor De Hoyas wrapped up the singles sweep with a 6-1, 6-0 victory at number six singles.
In doubles play, Ma and Peter won 8-2 at the number one position while Miranda and Adamson were winning 8-1 at number two and Xing and De Hoyas were winning 8-0 at the third spot.
The Seasiders’ next action will be tomorrow against Stillman in Tuscaloosa, Alabama at 10:00 am CST.
First Match Scores:
1. #18 Rong Ma, BYUH def. Lex Pierre, ASU 6-2, 6-0
2. Agnel Peter, BYUH def. Joshua Donaldson, ASU 6-0, 6-1
3. Diego Miranda, BYUH def. Kevin Tan, ASU 6-2, 6-1
4. C.J. Adamson, BYUH def. Clifford Frazier, ASU 6-2, 6-3
5. Andy Xing, BYUH def. Rodderick Ivory, ASU def. 6-4, 6-1
6. Taylor De Hoyas, BYUH def. Lance Deleston, ASU 6-1, 6-0
1. Ma/Peter, BYUH def. Donaldson/Pierre, ASU 8-2
2. Miranda/Adamson, BYUH def. Tan/Frazier, ASU 8-1
3. Xing/De Hoyas, BYUH def. Deletson/Ivory, ASU 8-0