BYU Hawaii Defeated by Austin Peay
Pensacola, FL—The 30th-ranked Brigham Young University Hawaii men’s tennis team was defeated 5-2 today by Division I Austin Peay (TN). The Seasiders won the single doubles point in the DI format but came up short in five of the six singles matches to fall to 6-2 for the season.
Rong Ma and Agnel Peter picked up a win at number one doubles while Diego Miranda and C.J. Adamson were winning 9-8(6) at number two doubles to stake the Seasiders to a 1-0 lead in the match. However, Ma was the only winner in singles for the Seasiders as he claimed a 6-3, 6-2 win at the top slot.
The Seasiders’ next action will be on Monday against Erskine (SC) in Due West, South Carolina at 3:00 pm EST.
1. #18 Rong Ma, BYUH def. Jasmin Ademovic, APU 6-3, 6-2
2. Henrique Norbiato, APU def. Agnel Peter, BYUH 6-4, 6-3
3. Sean Bailey, APU def. Diego Miranda, BYUH 6-3, 6-1
4. Remi Calleja, APU def. CJ Adamson, BYUH 6-1, 6-4
5. Joao Pagan, APU def. Andy Xing, BYUH 6-1, 6-2
6. John Storie, APU def. Taylor De Hoyas, BYUH 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
1. Ma/Peter, BYUH def. Norbiato/Bailey, APU 8-3
2. Miranda/Adamson, BYUH def. Ademovic/Calleja, APU 9-8(6)
3. Storie/Pagan, APU def. Xing/De Hoyas, BYUH 8-4