BYU Hawaii Defeats Francis Marion 5-3
Augusta, GA—The Brigham Young University Hawaii men’s tennis team earned another win today over Francis Marion University. The Seasiders won two games of singles play and breezed through all three of the doubles games to win the match 5-3. This win improved their record to 8-5 for the season.
Rong Ma scored a 6-2, 6-3 win at the number one singles position for the Seasiders while Diego Miranda earned a 6-0, 7-6(3) win at the number three position.
Ma and Peter combined for an 8-6 win at number one doubles and Miranda and Adamson teamed up for a 9-8(6) win at the second doubles position. In number three doubles, Xing and De Hoyas breezed to an 8-0 win for the Seasiders.
The Seasiders’ next action will be on March 22 in Laie, Hawaii against UH-Hilo at 2:00 pm.
1. # 18 Rong Ma, BYUH def. #3 Oshada Wijermanne, FMU 6-2, 6-3
2. Alex Caspari, FMU def. Agnel Peter, BYUH 6-1, 6-3
3. Diego Miranda, BYUH def. Tim Ruepke, FMU 6-0, 7-6(3)
4. Jack Bishop, FMU def. CJ Adamson, BYUH 6-3, 6-1
5. Karl Rogers, FMU vs. Andy Xing, BYUH DNF
6. Dirk Bair, FMU def. Taylor De Hoyas, BYUH 7-5, 6-2
1. Ma/Peter, BYUH def. Rogers/Caspari, FMU 8-6
2. Miranda/Adamson, BYUH def. Wijermanne/Mickey Poirier, FMU 9-8(6)
3. Xing/De Hoyas, BYUH def. Bair/Ruepke, FMU 8-0