WOMEN'S TENNIS BLANKS NOVA SOUTHEASTERN, 7-0
ORLANDO, Fla. – Radford opened its Spring Break trip to the Sunshine State with a 7-0 victory over Nova Southeastern in non-conference women’s tennis action Tuesday afternoon.
With the win, the Highlanders improve to 7-4, while NSU falls to 5-3.
Along with capturing the doubles point, Radford swept the singles portion in straight sets.
Freshman Meg Napolitano moved to a team-best 9-2 on the spring with a convincing 6-0, 6-0 decision at the No. 6 singles position. In addition, the Highlanders’ Hannah Crawford (6-1, 6-0) and Mia Drobnjak (6-0, 6-1) dropped just one game each in their straight-set triumphs on courts two and three, respectively.
Radford also got singles victories from Petra Dajevic (6-3, 6-1), Gemma Valls (6-4, 0-1, ret.) and Taylor Newman (6-4, 6-2).
The Sharks' lone win came from its No. 3 doubles team.
The Highlanders return to the courts Thursday afternoon with a 2:30 p.m. dual against Evansville.
Radford 7, Nova Southeastern 0
1. Petra Dajevic (RAD) def. Alexandra Johansson (NSU), 6-3, 6-1
2. Hannah Crawford (RAD) def. Dominique Wimmer (NSU), 6-1, 6-0
3. Mia Drobnjak (RAD) def. Charlotte Cote (NSU), 6-0, 6-1
4. Gemma Valls (RAD) def. Daria Burobina (NSU), 6-4, 0-1 (ret.)
5. Taylor Newman (RAD) def. Austin Lavallii (NSU), 6-4, 6-2
6. Meg Napolitano (RAD) def. Andrea Wise (NSU), 6-0, 6-0
1. Taylor Newman/Mia Drobnjak (RAD) def. Austin Lavallii / Alexandra Johansson (NSU), 8-2
2. Hannah Crawford/Meg Napolitano (RAD) def. Daria Burobina / Frederica Longo (NSU), 9-7
3. Dominique Wimmer / Kamryn Blackwood (NSU) def. Petra Dajevic/Gemma Valls (RAD), 8-7 (6)
Nova Southeastern 5-3