#75 Privateer Men Open Texas Trip with 7-0 Win over UT-Dallas
DALLAS - The #75 University of New Orleans opened their three-day trip to Texas with a 7-0 victory over UT-Dallas at SMU's Turpin Tennis Stadium on Friday afternoon.
UNO (5-0) continued the best start in school history by blanking an opponent and along the way, also taking the doubles' point for the fourth straight match.
The doubles tandems of Calvin Kemp and Guilherme Rebolo at No. 1 doubles and Jose Gaspar and Ben Smith at No. 2 doubles pushed their winning streak to four straight matches.
Kemp and Rebolo defeated Dylan Patrick and Chris Roberts 8-3 while Gaspar and Smith knocked off Eric Debusschere and Donald Kasitinon 8-1.
The No. 3 doubles team of Oliver Cuthill and Vinay Kamineni improved to 3-0 in dual play with a 8-0 win over Jay Decoste and Kyle Faber.
The Privateers did not drop a single set during singles' play as Kemp and Kamineni once more led the way by posting victories at the top two spots in the lineup.
Kemp defeated Debusschere 6-2, 6-2 at No. 1 singles with Kamineni brushing aside Kasitinon 6-1, 6-1.
Other winners of note included Smith, who upped his record to 3-0 at No. 4 singles and Gaspar, who improved to 3-0 on the year at No. 5 singles. Smith defeated Patrick 6-0, 6-1 while Gaspar matched the score in a win over Faber.
UNO will stay in the Metroplex for the next two matches, first playing UT-Arlington on Saturday at 12 p.m. before closing out the weekend against No. 46 SMU on Sunday in another 12 p.m. dual.
#75 University of New Orleans 7, Texas-Dallas 0
Feb 06, 2009 at Dallas, Texas (Turpin Tennis Stadium)
1. Calvin Kemp (UNO) def. Eric Debusschere (UTDM) 6-2, 6-2
2. Vinay Kamineni (UNO) def. Donald Kasitinon (UTDM) 6-1, 6-1
3. Guilherme Rebolo (UNO) def. Chris Roberts (UTDM) 6-2, 6-1
4. Ben Smith (UNO) def. Dylan Patrick (UTDM) 6-0, 6-1
5. Jose Gaspar (UNO) def. Kyle Faber (UTDM) 6-0, 6-1
6. Oliver Cuthill (UNO) def. Jay Decoste (UTDM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Calvin Kemp/Guilherme Rebolo (UNO) def. Dylan Patrick/Chris Roberts (UTDM) 8-3
2. Ben Smith/Jose Gaspar (UNO) def. Eric Debusschere/Donald Kasitinon (UTDM) 8-1
3. Vinay Kamineni/Oliver Cuthill (UNO) def. Jay Decoste/Kyle Faber (UTDM) 8-0
University of New Orleans 5-0; National ranking #75