The University of San Francisco men's tennis team dropped a 4-0 decision to nationally-ranked No. 26 Fresno State Sunday evening in Fresno, Calif.
With the loss, the Dons, who are ranked regionally, fell to 1-3 on the season.
Thai Tu and Asaf Cohen battled hard in the contest but were unable to secure a point for USF. Tu earned match points and Cohen won his first set, before the match was decided.
"Fresno State was another tough opponent," commented head coach Peter Bartlett. "The guys needed to take advantage of opportunities in order to turn that match around. Our guys are a little young and learned a lot from their experience today. We are taking confidence from this match and looking forward to another home match this Friday."
San Francisco will return to the courts Friday when it hosts Pacific at the Cal Club. First serve is scheduled for 11:30 a.m.
No. 26 Fresno State 4, San Francisco 0
1. Mirko Zapletal (FS) vs. Thai Tu (SF), DNF
2. Tejesvi Veerepalli (FS) vs. Asaf Cohen (SF), DNF
3. Rikus de Villiers (FS) def. Ola Bakke (SF), 6-4, 6-2
4. Remi Boutillier (FS) def. Mark DeCastro (SF), 6-4, 6-0
5. No. 83 David Ayoun (FS) def. Jacob Hartwig (SF), 6-3, 6-2
6. Taylor Leiby (FS) def. Will Schumacher (SF), 6-4, 6-4
Order of Completion: 3, 4, 5, 6*