Chestnut Hill, MA - The Boston College men's tennis team lost to Clemson on Friday afternoon 5-2.
The Eagles started off on a hot streak taking all three doubles matches to win the point.
In singles competition the men stumbled picking up only one point in the No. 2 position from freshman Akash Muppidi. He defeated Rok Bizjak of Clemson 6-4, 6-4.
The Eagles play again on Sunday taking on Georgia Tech and Bryant University in both ACC and non-conference action at the Fitness and Recreation Complex at BC.
Clemson 5, Boston College 2
1. Thomas Nolan/Erik Kreutzer (BC) d. Carlos Alvarez/Rok Bizak (CU) 8-6
2. Alex Skinner/Brian Locklear (BC) d. Ike Belk/Gera Boryachinskiy (CU) 8-7
3. Akash Muppidi/ Adam Davison (BC) d. Robert Pietrucha/Kevin Galloway (CU) 8-4
1. Carlos Alvarez (CU) d. Thomas Nolan (BC) 6-2, 7-6
2. Akash Muppidi (BC) d. Rok Bizjak (CU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Ike Belk (CU) d. Erik Kreutzer (BC) 7-5, 4-6, 6-2
4. Kevin Fleck (CU) d. Alex Skinner (BC) 6-1, 6-1
5. Kevin Galloway (CU) d. Brendon Wong (BC) 6-2, 6-3
6. Wesley Moran (CU) d. Brian Locklear (BC) 6-0, 6-2