-- The Wichita State women's tennis team won its third-straight match against a Big 12 opponent, and extended its win streak to five matches with a 4-0 rout of No. 66 Oklahoma State Saturday evening at Genesis Health Club.
Due to time constraints, the match was played to only four points, making the ability to win quickly very valuable. Wichita State did just that when the Shockers opened the match by collecting the crucial doubles point. The No. 1 doubles tandem of Anna Egorova and Stephanie Dalmacio rolled over Oklahoma State's Alisa Buslaieva and Iryna Khatsko, 8-1, to start the evening. Lutfiana Budiharto and Lenore Lazaroiu clinched the doubles point by defeating Nataliya Shatkovskaya, 8-6. With the doubles point already decided, the No. 3 race between WSU's Florentina Hanisch and Laryssa Ferreira and OSU's Sasha Belova and Maryna Tkachenko was unfinished with the Shocker duo in front, 6-5.
Egorova picked up the first singles point of the match, and gave the Shockers a 2-0 advantage with a 6-3, 6-0 win over Shatkovskaya in the No. 1 match. Lenore Lazaroiu followed suit, winning the No. 6 match in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2, and Dalmacio secured the Shocker win with a 6-2, 6-4 win over Tkachenko.
The Shockers will look to make it four-straight against the Big 12 Tuesday when they host Nebraska in a 2 p.m. dual at the Sheldon Coleman Tennis Complex.
1. Anna Egorova/Stephanie Dalmacio (WSU) def. Alisa Buslaieva/Iryna Khatsko (OSU) 8-1
2. Lutfiana Budiharto/Lenore Lazaroiu (WSU) def. Nataliya Shatkovskaya (OSU) 8-6
3. Florentina Hanisch/Laryssa Ferreira (WSU) vs. Sasha Belova (OSU) 6-5, unfinished
1. Anna Egorova (WSU) def. Nataliya Shatkovskaya (OSU) 6-3, 6-0
2. Lutfiana Budiharto (WSU) vs. JoAnne Karaitiana (OSU) 7-5, unfinished
3. Stephanie Dalmacio (WSU) def. Maryna Tkachenko (OSU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Florentina Hanisch (WSU) vs. Sasha Belova (OSU) 6-2, 4-6, unfinished
5. Torrie Browning (WSU) vs. Iryna Khatsko (OSU) 6-4, 4-2, unfinished
6. Lenore Lazaroiu (WSU) def. Alisa Buslaieva (OSU) 6-2, 6-2